If the user accepts the profiling cookies, as identified below, these will be added to his profile that already exists in our databases, if the user has given consent to marketing and profiling activities on the occasion of his adhesion to one or more than the initiatives conducted by our site (eg: in the registration phase, for e-commerce actions), or on the occasion of actions carried out in adherence to initiatives via telephone, SMS or traditional mail or through advanced communication and sharing techniques ( eg: social network).
What are cookies
Cookies are information saved on the hard disk of the user’s terminal and which are sent by the user’s browser to a Web server and which refer to the use of the network. Consequently, they allow you to know the services, the sites visited and the options that, while surfing the net, have been shown. In other words, cookies are small files, containing letters and numbers, which are downloaded to the user’s computer or mobile device when visiting a website. The cookies are then sent back to the original site on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes these cookies. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user’s device.
This information is therefore not provided spontaneously and directly, but leaves traces of the user’s browsing on the net.
Cookies perform various functions and allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering user preferences and, more generally, improving your experience. They can also help ensure that the advertisements shown while browsing are of interest to you and that the marketing activities carried out comply with your preferences, avoiding unwelcome promotional initiatives or not in line with the user’s needs.
While browsing a site, the user can also receive cookies on his terminal that are sent from different sites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which some elements may reside (eg: images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site that the same is visiting. There may therefore be, in this respect:
- Direct cookies, sent directly from this site to the user’s device
- Third party cookies, coming from a third party but sent on our behalf. This site uses third-party cookies to facilitate the analysis of our website and their use, and to allow targeted advertising (as described below).
- Technical cookies: they are used to allow the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or to provide a service expressly requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes. In the category of technical cookies, the use of which does not require the user’s consent, the following are distinguished:
- Navigation or session cookies: they guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (eg: to authenticate and access restricted areas). The use of these cookies (which are not stored permanently on the user’s device and are automatically deleted when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the site.
- Analytics cookies: if they are used only to collect information in aggregate form, on the number of users who visit the site and how they visit it
- Functional cookies: allow the user to browse based on a series of selected criteria (eg: language, products or services purchased) to improve the service provided to the user.
- Profiling cookies: they are aimed at creating profiles relating to the user and used to send targeted promotional messages according to the preferences expressed while surfing the net. These cookies can be used for these purposes only with the user’s consent.
How cookies are used by this site
- know the total number of visitors on an ongoing basis as well as the types of browsers (eg Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge) and operating systems (eg Windows or Macintosh) used;
- monitor the performance of the site, including how visitors use it, as well as to improve its functionality;
- customize and improve the online user experience; and
- allow user profiling, for targeted and personalized promotional purposes according to the preferences and interests expressed online by the user, by us and by third parties, both on this site and outside it.
What categories of cookies we use and how they can be managed by the user
The types of cookies used can be classified into one of the categories, shown below in the following table, which allows the user to give their consent or modify it (if previously expressed) to accept the various types of cookies:
|Type of cookie||Purpose of the cookie||Origin and how to block it|
|Essential website cookies (session and navigation)||These cookies are essential for correct navigation and to use the functions of the site. These cookies do not collect personal information that can be used for marketing purposes, nor do they memorize the sites visited. The use of these cookies (which are not stored permanently on the user’s device and are automatically deleted when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the site. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.||(direct cookies)|
|Functionality cookies||These cookies allow us to remember the choices made (such as user name, language or geographic location) and provide improved and personalized functions. The information collected by these cookies can be made anonymous and do not keep track of browsing activity on other websites. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.||(direct cookies)|
Technologies similar to cookies
As with many websites, we use technologies similar to cookies, including local shared objects (also known as “flash cookies”), browser history analysis, browser fingerprints and pixel tags (also known as ” web beacon “). These technologies provide us and our suppliers with information about how the site and its content are used by visitors, and allow us to identify whether the computer or device has visited our or other sites in the past.
Our servers automatically collect the user’s IP address; in this way, we can associate this address with the name of the user’s domain or that of its Internet Provider. We may also collect some “clickstream data” relating to the use of the site. Clickstream data includes, for example, information relating to the user’s computer or device, the browser and the operating system and related settings, the page of origin, the pages and contents viewed or clicked during the visit as well as the times and methods of such operations, elements downloaded, the site visited after ours, and any search term entered on our site or on a redirect site.
How to check or delete cookies
It is possible to block cookies using the selection links in the table above. Alternatively, you can change your browser settings so that cookies cannot be stored on your device. To do this, you must follow the instructions provided by the browser (usually found in the “Help”, “Tools or” Edit “menus). Disabling a cookie or a category of cookies does not delete them from the browser. Therefore, this operation must be carried out directly in the browser.
If you want to delete, disable or restore the cookies on your computer, you can use the cookie configuration pages made available by any third-party content providers, or through the user’s browser options.
Below is a list of instructions for managing cookies in relation to the most popular browsers:
- Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&topic=14666&ctx=topic
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_GB
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Microsoft Edge – https://privacy.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
If you use a mobile device, you should refer to its instruction manual to find out how to manage cookies.
For more information about cookies, including how to view those that have been set on your device, how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies previously set
If the user has disabled one or more cookies, we will still be able to use the information collected before such disabling made through the preferences. However, starting from that moment, we will cease to use disabled cookies to collect further information.